- Girgenti, Sicily — Maria Francesca LoDico
carte blanche is just that.
It's where writers can sound off, send up, muse, follow their muse, versify, dramatize, get rich, get famous, get back at their exes, polish, perish, and above all publish.
carte blanche is looking for poetry, fiction, and nonfiction for its spring issue. Send us your odes, sonnets, free verse, short stories of all types and genres, memoirs, personal essays, book reviews, literary journalism, musings on the writing process—as long as it's well written (and within our 3500 word limit) we'll consider it.
See the submissions page for our guidelines. The deadline for the next issue is March 15th.
- Mother Tongue Joni Dufour 6th issue prize winner
- Not Just the Facts Joel Yanofsky
- Editorial: A Balancing Act Maria Turner
- Breaking Bread Barbara Abramik
- Downriver Brian Campbell
- On the spot Paris Elizabeth Sea
- Sang Froid and Succour Lesley Pasquin